What is flit2.com?
flit2.com is a service that shortens URLs such as web addresses. This is useful in many circumstances (see below) e.g. in email clients that break long URLs.
For example, you can turn:
Which would YOU rather use?
Uses for flit2.com
Here are just a few of the many uses for flit2.com's URL shortening service:
- Shorten web addresses for emails, forum posts, blogs etc. which cannot handle long URLs and might wrap them, making them unclickable
- Lower your total character count when texting long web addresses to a mobile phone
- Hide the real URL of affiliate links from visitors to your site to prevent theft of your commissions
- Obscure your real email address from bots which harvest them to spam (enter an address like mailto:email@example.com). Note that this feature does appear to be browser dependant so such links may not work in every browser
- Circumvent protection on sites which don't allow direct links to their competitor's site (if you are violating a site's terms you do so at your own risk)
- Clean up bookmarks for social bookmarking sites or sites with low character limits like Twitter